February favourites

March 01, 2016


As expected, February flew by so quickly I almost feel like it didn't appear at all. As much as it's been a good month (pancake day was by far the highlight), I'm excited for the approaching arrival of Spring and the promise of warmer weather. I can't wait to be able to go outside without over ten layers of clothing on and still feeling like I might freeze to death in seconds!


As the weather has been so cold recently I've been loving Sanctuary Spa's Overnight Miracle Oil* to keep my skin hydrated and dry patches at bay. A couple of blobs massaged into my face and neck every night and I wake up with soft, glowing skin. I can't really comment on the claims that it reverses the sign of ageing, but it definitely injects enough moisture to leave skin looking healthy. Often oils can be too heavy for me and can cause breakouts, but i've been using this all month and haven't had a problem at all. Another saviour from the cold weather has been Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in honey. The glossy oil really nourishes lips without being too sticky or greasy.

This is my second tube of Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara and the more I use it the more I seem to love it. A few layers and you have long, voluptuous lashes that could almost pass for falsies. For just £7.99, it's also one of the most affordable mascara's out there - Ik can't fault it!

I've just raved about my love for Christophe Robin's cleansing purifying scrub with sea salt (here) so it's probably no surprise that this has made an appearance in my monthly favourites. I use this once a week for a thorough detox that leaves both my hair and scalp happy and healthy.

I'm a huge fan of Oribe's Dry Texturising Spray but considering it comes with a purse weeping price tag, I'm always on the look out for something a little less destructive to my bank balance. I was lucky enough to be sent Fudge URBAN's Texture Spray* and it arrived just in time as my trusty Oribe had run out and I was postponing the pricy repurchase. I've been using the Fudge spray daily to give my fine hair a little more volume and boy does it deliver. Not only does it give height and lift to the roots, but it doesn't disappear two minutes after walking out the door either. If i'm honest, I think this beats Oribe on the volume front. If you like using a spray through the lengths of your hair for texture, this has a tendency to go a little more 'crispy' than the Oribe spray, though it's nothing that can't be fixed with a quick brush. For just a fraction of the price, I think this is one of my best hair finds yet.

What have you been loving this month?



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great post! I haven't tried any of these products but they all sound so good, especially the Texture Spray and Miracle Oil. Sanctuary is a brand I really like so I'm sure I would love the oil as well.

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. really interested in the fudge texture spray! my hair is so thin, it needs some volume! I have a volumizing spray from toni&guy thats amazing too! xx
    m0llylouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely head over heels for the maybelline lash sensational, I can't get over what it does for my lashes, I was so pleasantly surprised. Love the look of that overnight oil too!

    Isabelle | www.isabellekategm.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up the lash sensational mascara, I've heard way to much hype about it that I'd be a fool if I didn't try it!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥